Sometimes the face says it all.

Y came by yesterday  with her mother to pick up her tallit and to tie the tzitzit. As I have mentioned before, she’s a quiet kid.

 

Her face was so completely  lit up  when she saw the tallit that I knew that I had  nailed it.

SAM_2430

The silk tussah has enough grip to it so the tallit is easy to wear once  it is folded into place. Wearing a slippy tallit is annoying and distracting.

 

The stripe pattern reads like a traditional tallit, despite the imagery not being exactly traditional.

SAM_2431

 

I like that it has appeal both far away and close up.

SAM_2432SAM_2433SAM_2434

SAM_2429

I look forward to seeing this tallit on Y this Shabbat.

Comments

  1. Sarah, this is gorgeous! What a fortunate young lady to have such a delightful tallit !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.