Moving right along

The last of the 7.5 dozen eggs I purchased on Monday.

SAM_2187

The eggs went into

  • matza brei
  • pancakes
  • cheese latkes
  • the failed meringue
  • the failed custards ( orange and chocolate)
  • the successful meringue shell
  • the successful chocolate custard
  • matza balls

and this cake. My nephew is nut  allergic and is coming to the first Seder.  I have been faking (improvising) a sponge cake out of the left over egg yolks from making meringues. I had lots of yolks so faked a lemony sponge cake.

SAM_2186

I thought it would look cute topped with a lemon custard and teeny meringue stars. I piped the meringue into the bottom of the same spring form pan I had used to bake the cake  on a lining of parchment paper.

I topped the cake with the custard and then added the meringue border.

SAM_2190

I had even created a center medallion.

SAM_2191

Tomorrow night I will add blackberries to the top of the cake.

Comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.