Food for a Sloppy Shabbat

Often snow just makes me happy. This particular storm though seemed to have no redeeming qualities. last night my husband and I went out to see a play. On our way home, Broadway at 96th street was a nearly impassable pond. We couldn’t figure out how to get to the sidewalk without wading through knee deep  dirty ice water, so we walked in the right hand lane of the street. Given the recent series of fatal accidents in our immediate neighborhood it wasn’t the most comfortable choice.

We went to a funeral this morning. it took us twice as long to get to the funeral home as usual because each corner required a complicated  negotiation with the terrain.

By the time the funeral was over, the situation was vastly improved.  I think the puddle below was  just less than six inches deep. SAM_1866
This was actually a vast improvement.
SAM_1869SAM_1870
I did still have to cook. I  decided to just cook everything  in the oven.  We are eating meatballs, roasted spiced potato wedges
SAM_1872
and vaguely Middle Eastern eggplant
SAM_1875
I also baked an orange ginger cake for tonight.
SAM_1876
I will assemble it after I finish typing this.


Shabbat Shalom!

Comments