Making Progress


SAM_1545
I completed the texts for the front of the fabric book and the back. So far I have transferred
  • the blessings for candle lighting,
  • the blessing of the children
  • a traditional candle lighting techina, prayer of supplication
  • Birkat ha mazon  the post meal prayer
  • the psalm that is traditionally recited before that prayer on Shabbat and holidays
  • Psalm 23
I still have to select some more texts and transfer others. I ran into the bride to be on Broadway  yesterday. Seeing her gave me some ideas about the fabrics to use to bind the piece.
I did not spill the beans  about this piece. My feeling is to let he be surprised.


My cooking is nearly done for Shabbat.
SAM_1544
Last week one of our guests asked me what I had used to spice the meatballs. I realized that I had completely forgotten.  My older son wandered into the kitchen as I was about to put the chicken in the oven and I realized that I was no longer sure. I believe that I used allspice, smoked paprika, black pepper sliced limes and whole mushrooms. Ginger may have been involved, but I can’t swear to it.



Shabbat Shalom!

Comments