I completed the texts for the front of the fabric book and the back. So far I have transferred
- the blessings for candle lighting,
- the blessing of the children
- a traditional candle lighting techina, prayer of supplication
- Birkat ha mazon the post meal prayer
- the psalm that is traditionally recited before that prayer on Shabbat and holidays
- Psalm 23
I did not spill the beans about this piece. My feeling is to let he be surprised.
My cooking is nearly done for Shabbat.
Last week one of our guests asked me what I had used to spice the meatballs. I realized that I had completely forgotten. My older son wandered into the kitchen as I was about to put the chicken in the oven and I realized that I was no longer sure. I believe that I used allspice, smoked paprika, black pepper sliced limes and whole mushrooms. Ginger may have been involved, but I can’t swear to it.