Score!!!!

I’m at least starting to think about sewing again after my Passover cooking frenzy.

 

I was in the garment district looking for African wax printed fabrics. I wasn’t able to find what I was looking for, but one of the stores had a stack of large rolls of elastic. The shopkeeper  noticed me looking at the elastic and offered to sell it to me for $5 per roll.

100_2528

 

I know a good deal when I see one. They are from top to bottom, 1 inch wide elastic lace trim, 2 rolls of 1.5 inch flat black elastic and one of the blue and white sport elastic.

 

I’m not sure what I’m going to use the sport elastic for. I will have to make LOTS of pairs of boxers to use it up.

100_2529

100_2530

I think I will be making many elastic waisted skirts.

 

It’s always good to have lots of basic notions around. I hate buying elastic by the yard and tend to buy it as I did today, in rolls that vendors want to get rid of.

 

When I asked the shopkeeper why he was selling for such a low price, he said , “ I’m not a trimming guy.”  I’m happy he wasn’t a trimming guy.

Now, I’m off to 116th street to see if I can find the African fabric that I’m looking for.

Comments

  1. I envy that elastic bonanza. I love my Pamela's Oatterns pencil skirt but go through elastic like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm willing to share some of the wealth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.