The Answer to Eve’s Question

5oth birthday dress (1)
A blue tank dress with purple lace half circle godets .

I plan to wear the dress with this cowl scarf.
100_1620
I made the cowl out of a very fancy remnant that I bought probably twenty years ago. It’s a burn out  printed silk  chiffon. I don’t remember what I paid, but the fabric was both out of my budget and out of my sewing abilities. I had completely fallen in love with the gossamer fabric.  I don't even normally like the colors, but I was completely smitten. I bought the silk hoping that one day I would have the skills to make something out of it. Today was the day. All I did was make a French seam.
100_1619
I guess one part of skill is knowing when to go simple.
100_1622
Here they are worn together.
5oth birthday dress
The godet

Comments