Skip to main content



Food Friday- looking towards Passover edition

OK, I know it's not quite getting ready for Passover time, but it is time to start thinking about it. My shmurah matza is here in the house. i am working on working through the last of the grains. This is the last challah that we are baking until after Passover. Widgets

We have finished the last of the honey. My son mixed the dough for this batch, I suggested using maple syrup. It wasn't quite sweet enough, so I rolled more maple syrup and spices into each strand of the challah. 
There is very little left in the freezer. I decided to make meat balls. I recently figured out (after thirty years of marriage) that my husband thinks of meatballs as a first course rather than a main dish. He was willing to eat them as a main dish this week and not complain. He is a good sport.
Our fridge is relatively empty. So now we can start getting ready for Passover.

As part of the general clean up that goes along with the Holiday I pulled out a denim table cloth I had made several ye…

Latest Posts

New stuff- a round up

I am now the mother of retired children

black and white fire

Back after yet another intermission for sick

Food Friday - influenced by the Britts edition

Some dispatches from the department of weird

The value of the old

Two exhibits at FIT