Many topics---one post---let's see if I can pull this off

We are now in the early spring where the weather zigzags from one extreme to another.


Sunday we walked in Central Park with dear friends.



The grass is velvety for the moment and the foliage hasn't filled out the trees. The result exposed views of the park that are visible for only a couple of weeks.







This little wandering bit of water is usually hidden by leafy trees.


In a month or so the wild chartreuse of the willow tree will settle down to a mellower darker green.


The next day we heard the sad, sad news of the death of a beloved cousin.


Appropriately, the day of his funeral was cold and rainy.


My head has been filled with memories of a lifetime, of a life.




Yesterday a friend and I were meeting at the Met to see the exhibit on the Harlem Renaissance. My walk from 96th street to the Museum looked like it could have been painted by Fragonard.







I haven't been so excited by a museum exhibit for a long long time.  Check out this review for more images.



 





I love this frame made out of wine crates


















Go see this exhibit. What a delight to see art that is a hundred years old and seems so fresh and so new.


I had wanted to write about a new tallit that I am working on...but instead a moment about this morning's earthquake.

I was in our back bathroom which shares a wall with our washing machine. I felt a rumbling. I did muse that it perhaps might be an earthquake but assumed that it was more likely that I had misloaded my washing machine. Construction has been taking place on the building next to ours. We have been putting up with a whole lot of banging and drilling for the past few weeks. My cousin in Brooklyn asked on Facebook if anyone else had experienced an earthquake. It took about another twenty minutes for the official news to report that it was an actual earthquake but the new fangled version of checking in with your neighbor over the fence seemed to have worked better than the actual news outlets.

I experience my first earthquake in 1985. I wasn't yet married and lived a block away from where I live now. My husband was already living here. I slept through that earthquake. There was another earthquake a couple of years ago. I was in a massage chair while I was getting a pedicure. It did feel like I was getting a bit extra vibration from the massage chair.


I did cook Shabbat dinner. The theme of tonight's dinner is using up Chametz. Sorry, no food photos today.


Hoping that spring brings better news for all of us.

Shabbat Shalom!





Comments

  1. Exhibit sounds great. I need a NYC trip. Life is getting very busy here with a wedding shower and a wedding coming upon me very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the wedding and the festivities.I think that the exhibit is up through August.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved that exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know-- something delightful every time you turned your head.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.