At the end of winter

 


Today started out looking beautiful but as the day went on it got colder and drearier.


It may even snow tomorrow.



And the war in Gaza drags on.



My dear ones in Israel share their worries and their angst. We, all of us, worry together.


 My dear ones share words and photos. We are together despite being on opposite sides of the ocean.



And despite the actual gloom of both the weather and my mood.


There are signs of hope. The bulbs my neighbors and I planted in the bitter cold of the autumn have begun to sprout. The ivy we planted in the spring survived the winter and has begun sending out new leaves.





Perhaps because I was part of the planting team this year, seeing these signs of new growth has felt like something spiritual.






Things may be gloomy at the moment



but perhaps they will improve. 

Comments

  1. Even a little hope counts as hope. Hole onto the magic of bulbs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I am. Each time I see those green shoots it feels like a benediction.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.