Food Friday

I wasn't sure if my husband would be back from the funeral in time for Shabbat.  After a week away, it's nice to get back to home cooking.
We have beef made with a coffee spice rub. my son sliced the beef, a new skill for him and made the mustard based sauce.

 I roasted up a bunch of nightshades, eggplant, pepper and tomato.
My daughter's potato allergic fiance isn't joining us so I made a potato kugel.
I was in the mood for an old fashioned wet  fruit cake, perfect for this end of summer season. I faked a peach cake.
There were too many peaches for the pan so I made a sauce out of the unused peach slices.

the batter was made out of three eggs, beaten with some olive oil( maybe 1/2 a cup) and a cup of brown sugar. i added a cup and a bit of flour and a teaspoon of baking powder. the batter is flavored with some of the gogi berry arak my daughter bought us a while back, and some orange bitters.

I sprinkled the sliced peaches with white sugar and flour before adding them (in  three layers of concentric circles between layers of batter) and then baked the cake. So that's the faked cake.

Shabbat Shalom!



Comments