Friday is here once again

 it sort of snuck up on me this week.


Dinner tonight is just the two of us at the table.



This is what is on our chicken. I was planning to make my take on the take out rotisserie chicken that my late mother in law used to buy all the time at  Mauzone in Queens ( smoked, sweet and hot paprika) but as I was putting the spice mix together I sort of took a left turn and added allspice and cayenne pepper and a bit of Ethiopian Berbere seasoning to my little lavender bowl. My husband kept mentioning how great the chicken smelled the entire time it was cooking so I have high hopes for this experiment.


This particular batch of chicken bottoms from Costco must have been the football players  or the body builders in the chicken yard.  They are HUGE.


I cooked tonight's vegetables in the air fryer.



Last night we celebrated the 20th anniversary of Tanta Marcia and her husband Fred at Taam Tov in the Diamond District. The meal was wonderful. There is something so glorious about the love of  a couple that met later in life.

I put together this bouquet as a centerpiece for the celebration.



Cathie, one pf my sewing buddies, will often purchase excellent sewing and textile related books at her local thrift store (which seems to have an extraordinary selection of sewing books) whenever she is feeling a bit blue. I thought of her today when my local thrift was having a sale on books. 


I purchased this book.



It is filled with excellent easy to follow diagrams.


I agree with catie that a good sewing or other textile craft book can do a good job of chasing the blues away.







 I have the feeling that some of these techniques will be put to use in the near future.



This is a love song written to the land of Israel in 1947.



Hoping that this will be a Shabbat of rest and joy and hopefully peace.




Comments

  1. Hi Sarah, always so interesting! Love how you mentioned me so thoughtfully! I have been more distressed, due to a drowning of a friend. So I am sewing, and reading sewing-related in bed. Sewing-related books take me to that zen space, in 2 seconds flat! Stay safe! Cathie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy! Oy! Oy! such terrible news about your friend.

    I also bought a couple of issues of a 1930s home and craft magazine. One arrived and the other should arrive this week. A new sewing book or magazine always lifts the spirits. Thank you for reminding me of that. The magazines are better for me than chocolate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.