I had a dream!

 Don't get too excited. 


I tend to have incredibly boring dreams. Last night I dreamt that I was very tired and had a cup of strong black coffee in the afternoon despite knowing that it would make it hard for me to sleep at night. That's it. That was my dream.



I was tired this afternoon  and didn't have a cup of strong black coffee. I did make a batch of matza balls for tonight's soup.


Last night I made almond cookies for tonight's dessert



as well as chocolate covered date and walnut balls.


Both are stupid easy to make.


Almond Cookies

egg whites

1/4 cup sugar per egg white

a dash of salt

almond flour

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 

Preheat oven to 315

Put egg whites in a large bowl add the salt and beat. I have a hand mixer and use that . I am sure than a stand mixer is faster. Beat until whites look like bubble bath. Add sugar bit by bit until fully incorporated and the eggwhites more closely resemble canned shaving cream.

Add as much almond flour as the mixture can hold mixing well with a spatula after each addition. Add vanilla or other flavorings ( I added some grated lemon peel)

portion out by teaspoonful on baking sheet

top each cookie with a whole almond. 

bake until edges are golden brown


Chocolate date and walnut balls

Put walnuts in a food processor

add dates and cocoa

process

if you like cinnamon in your chocolate add some


Did you notice that I didn't give amounts??? You don't need them. If you need more nuts, add them, more dates...add those in

When the mixture resembles a paste dampen your hands and roll mixture into balls and set on a plate.

I had some kosher for Passover confectioners sugar and rolled the balls in that.  It took a while for the chocolate to set...because i didn't temper the chocolate properly. I am storing these in the fridge until they get served.You could roll the balls in chopped nuts or shredded coconut if you feel like it. I melted some bittersweet chocolate and dropped some on each ball. It is an excellent addition. Rolling the balls is a good task for a small child---especially if they remember to not lick their hands too often.





Shabbat Shalom and wishing all of us a meaningful Pesach.

Comments