On California time

 I'm writing this post in the back yard of my sister in law and brother in law's home. 








This is winter in Santa Barbara.


Since I last posted, we walked across the Golden Gate bridge. 













I had no idea until I was actually on the bridge that it was ornamented with art deco flair.








We had spent a long portion of one of our San Francisco days trying to finde compression stockings because I had stupidly left mine at home. 


Those of you who have to wear medical grade compression stockings know why this purchase was so essential. The third medical supply place we went to had what I needed. I wasn't thrilled


when the first pair I pulled on developed a hole as soon as I put them on.  One would hope that a pair of pantyhose that costs as much as a nice dinner out for two would have a bit more stamina. UGH!!

We spent a couple of days in Marin County which is probably lovely but it was cold and rainy the whole time we were there.


This is the adorable Airbnb where we stayed in Marin. 






It was a little enchanted cottage run by an incredibly sweet woman. 





We flew here on an airline that WASN'T JetBlue.That means we suffered the indignities of modern flight, but luckily only for an hour.



My sister in law's home has many wonderful things about it. One of my favorite things about it, aside from it's inhabitants is the sunset.





Even the house itself glowed. 














Here the front windows reflect the sunset. 


Comments