אֲשֶׁר קִדְּשָֽׁנוּ בְּמִצְוֹתָיו וְצִוָּֽנוּ לִשְׁמֹֽעַ קוֹל שׁוֹפָר

 Covid-19 has upended the world. Most things that until March we took for granted are worse. I don't have to go into a litany of how and how many aspects of our lives have been altered because of Covid-19. If you are smart enough to read this, you already know.


However, there is a really wonderful thing taking place on the second day of Rosh HaShanah on the Upper Westside that would not be taking place if not for Covid-19. Our rabbi, Jeremy Kalmanofsky has organized Shofarot on Broadway.

Sunday afternoon at 4:00pm at nearly every intersection from 65th street up to 116th street someone will be blowing shofar.


Yesterday I received the list of who would be blowing shofar at which corner. Just reading the list with participants from many of the neighborhood synagogues was enough to make me teary.
Come out to Broadway to hear us all or just listen from your window.




My youngest and I have been assigned the intersection of Broadway and 100th street. Open your window at 4:00 to hear us all, or stop by.  




Comments

  1. Amazing!!! תזכו למצוות!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that will be so cool! Wish I could hear it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome! in the old-fashioned meaning of awesome meaning creating awe and also in the newer sense of "cool" as well. Some corners had people videotaping. i don't know if mine did.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.