getting stuff done

Well, I am finally feeling productive again.

Two of the challah covers I had begun several days ago are now done.
The text comes from a liturgical poem that is part of the Friday night service.

English translationTransliterationHebrew
Chorus:
1Let’s go, my beloved, to meet the bride,Lekhah dodi liqrat kallahלכה דודי לקראת כלה
2and let us welcome the presence of Shabbat.p'ne Shabbat neqabelahפני שבת נקבלה
The center medallion had started out life as a scarf that I had made to give as a gift to one of my husband's relatives in Israel. I had unfortunately forgotten to pack it.  It is now the centerpiece of a challah cover. 

If you are thinking about how fortunate I am to have found exactly the right ribbon to finish off this piece, you are half right. I embroidered the ribbons that edge this challah cover.

I used the same text on the other challah cover that I completed.
The ribbon, in this case, is a vintage striped satin ribbon. I added the gold embroidery.
This challah cover with the sun/moon 

is now looking a bit more dimensional
I have continued working on the purple tallit, I will probably write more about it in another post.
 I do sew but people who live in this house also need to eat.
These sourdough rolls will be served with tonight's leek soup. Before you get too impressed, sourdough is essentially leaving some of yesterday's bread dough in a bowl in the fridge with a bit more flour and water and then using that sloppy gloppy dough to start today's bread. I know there are more complicated ways to do sourdough but this does make a really nice bread. 

Tomorrow calls for more cooking and more sewing.

Comments