Not what I had expected

Well, I had thought that this would be a pleasant post talking about how I am slowly regaining my energy and working away on the tallit and how happy I am to spend time with our out of town friends who have come on their annual visit.

But our fridge gasped and took its last breath. Yes, it is a fairly new fridge. Yes, it was completely overhauled the day Passover began this past spring.

We ordered this fridge from Sears.
Our choices are dictated by the space we have and the width of our doors. We made a choice. We ordered on the phone with many assurances that the fridge was to be delivered today. We were to expect a call last night narrowing the delivery window down from twelve hours to two hours.

We didn't get the call last night. I called Sears this morning. We didn't receive the call because the fridge isn't scheduled for delivery until Monday. Really???? I didn't know that when Sears accepts my money that also makes me psychic so that I can intuit that the fridge is not currently in the warehouse and won't be delivered until Monday. Or, that I could magically see that despite the fact that the Sears person I spoke to kept talking to me about Friday delivery what they had really put on the order form was Monday delivery.

My food is stored seven flights down in the basement fridge. meal planning is ...a challenge.

If I had lived in my building in 1911 when it was new and mechanical refrigeration was not available in apartments, I would have owned an icebox and there would have been a metal box jutting out of the bottom of my kitchen window to keep things cool.


It's 2018. The super of our building has been gracious enough to let us use a fridge in the basement. It's seven flights down. meals or even snacks take a great deal of pre-planning.

We did have a lovely dinner with our out of town friends last night.
We ate beneath this fabulous chandelier which on its own was pretty terrific but both the food and the company were spectacular.

   Our challah is on its second rise.  Chicken is cooking away.  Things are annoying but they really could be worse.
Chicken - sort of a Thai -New-England mash-up. If you don't like it, don't eat it.  

Comments

  1. I haven't bought anything from Sears since I went in to buy a washer and dryer. Delivery was supposed to be in a week, which was fine. It didn't show up. When I called I was told the driver was ill and it would be three weeks. I cancelled the order and then had to fight about reimbursement to my credit card. Was told it would be 6 weeks. Told them if it wasn't back on my credit card it one week I would report them to our state's attorney general's complaint department. It was refunded within the week. This is why Sears is going out of business--too many unhappy customers. Good luck getting your refridgerator at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire...thanks for the warning...So now I give the fridge a 50% chance of actually arriving. I will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.