Food Friday- simple edition

Some weeks call for complicated sophisticated meals. This week did not.

Sometimes simple is what is called for. It's idiot chicken this week. We call this idiot chicken because even an idiot can make this and impress guests. It's chicken roasted with lots of herbs de Provence and an acid, this time balsamic vinegar.  I think the first time one of my kids made it they still may have been in elementary school. I may have had to lift the pan into and out of the oven.

Continuing on the theme of simple food, I made a favorite of my husband's, cauliflower puree.
When my husband was a little kid his mother used to boil potatoes and roughly mash them. My husband yearned for mashed potatoes from the box. When he was in graduate school he got his culinary wish fulfilled and ate lots of them.

On a summer vacation long ago the house we stayed in had a box. Our kids were at the stage where they loved bland food. That whole week we ate lots of what we dubbed blobbo-taters. The cauliflower is a pretty close match to blobbo-taters.

After I finish typing this I will put together some sort of a shredded zucchini salad. We are having fresh berries for dessert.

Shabbat Shalom!

The turquoise bottles were lined up on a shelf at the local thrift store. The light hit them perfectly while I was there.


Comments