Avoiding the news

This has been a week of truly depressing news. I have been thinking deeply about the many issues brought up by the news of the week. I just haven't the stomach to discuss them here at the moment.

A dear friend has invited us to dinner. I am bringing challah and these flowers.
In light of the crumminess in the world, I am including several photos that I have taken over the last week or so. I am including them in the hopes that some of the beauty will counteract some of the bad taste that is probably in all of our mouths.


I found myself charmed by shadows.


 My new cell phone has a camera that some quirks. It has some trouble capturing night time scenes but transforms nighttime light into something quite magical.

Here are three increasingly abstract images of the same intersection



 Earlier in the week, we were in New Jersey. I took these photos on the way home.


This is the George Washington Bridge as seen from the side window of the car.


We then drove on the West Side Highway.
Hopefully, the world will seem a bit calmer next week.

Shabbat Shalom!

Comments