Getting ready to go on the road

This has been a season of many wonderful things, a conversion to Judaism, a wedding, Passover. One of the events we have been looking forward to for quite a while is taking place this Thursday night in San Francisco.

As I have been the keeper of the textiles for my family and for others, my husband has been the keeper of his father's artwork. My late father-in-law was prolific. After my mother-in-law died and my father-in-law moved to California my husband took on the herculean task of closing up his parents' home and storing a lifetime of drawings and paintings.

Two years ago, as you can read here we found a place for a portion of my father-in-law's output. The lovely folks of The Lost Art Salon have curated cleaned and reframed about half of the works they have purchased. The opening of this exhibit will take place this Thursday at their gallery. We are flying out tomorrow and will be joined by other family members.

If you want a preview of some of the work you can look at their Instagram page here . You don't have to join Instagram to click through the pictures. I think you can get a sense of how lovely people who run the gallery are just by reading their comments.

In anticipation of being on the road, I made myself a new pocketbook. I was inspired by a fancy designer bag made out of the plastic plaid tote bags that the dollar stores all sell and street vendors use to store their wares.

I bought a rag rug from the dollar store and turned it into my new bag.

There are lots of internal pockets to hold necessities.


there is a set of pockets on either side of the bag.

We wake up crazy early to get our flight tomorrow. By morning this bag will be filled.

I will hopefully post dispatches from San Francisco.

Comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.