We rejoiced and danced and ate

The wedding took place last Sunday.
This picture pretty much sums up the day. By the way, none of these pictures are mine, all were taken by guests I thank them for allowing me to use these images.

But since you had asked for details, here goes. The day began with the traditional Kabbalat Panim, where guests greeted the bride. The groom as at his Tisch or table.
The band danced us into the room and I danced guests up to greet the bride. Yes, those are awesome shoes, Chinese New Year in shoe form.
The veiling of the bride was a moving moment. 


Some of you were wondering what I would be wearing. It took three tries.    Attempt 1 was a skirt and jacket made out of an expensive and beautiful turquoise lace. That ended up looking dowdy.

Attempt 2 was this dress which was OK but both of my sisters said that it looked like a good guest dress and not a good dress for the mother of the bride.

The third time was the charm. I took a dress that was already in my closet, a dress made by the designer Zelda. I had bought it at least 15 years ago at a consignment shop, I wore it to my second son's bar mitzvah. I pulled out the shoulder pads re shaped the sleeves, did a bit of alteration and added some bling to the embroidery. You can see the result here.
In the background, you can see my dear friend Roberta who gave me the giant gift of managing the day so I didn't have to worry about details during the wedding itself.

I did make my daughter's headpiece/fascinator. Yes, it is over the top and silly and perfect for my girl.
The ceremony was lovely.




The curtains, on their own, looked like not all that much.
The lighting guy was brilliant and the gym looked beautiful and not like a gym at all.
 It was the incredible music and dancing and the delicious food

and most of all the joy that made it a wonderful day.

Comments

  1. What an awesomely beautiful and joyous day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see your pictures! It looks like it was a wonderful wedding. What a blessing when our children marry. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Sarah. The love, the smiles, the joy. All of it! and your curtains...really were amazing. Enjoy the memories. May they continue to return for a Very long time. and greatest of blessings to your daughter and son-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to many weddings but their wedding looked like a happy celebration for everyone - not just themselves. I wish them a lifetime of blessings, much love, good fortune and health. You are so blessed!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.