חג האביב

The Biblical text and the siddur talk about Passover as being חג האביב.   Israel, right now, as my Israel based Facebook friends show me daily is abloom . Snowy Boston Passovers are not unheard of. So growing upI thought of Passover as being חג האביב in theory rather than in practice.

New York is four hours south of Boston by car and spring arrives earlier. I noticed as I did some errands that Spring has indeed arrived in my neck of the woods.

The trees along Broadway are starting to bloom and the leaves are beginning to unfurl.

These white blooms seem to have lasted the winter and look much the worse for wearbut they are being joined by some new leaves.


I took the next three photos through the fence surrounding the back yard of a 1950's urban renewal building. Most of the back yard is cement but there is a narrow raised bed near the fence.



You can see the building through the foliage.
Just one of a group of birds in the shrubbery. I was surprised at how close I could get.

The stores are also getting ready for spring.


Back home I experimented with making tapioca  flour rolls. Our initial reaction to them was tepid, but we could not stop eating them.

Four chickens, the equivalent of chicken yard football players( they are HUGE) are cooking away in my oven.

Comments

  1. I can't find your photo of the cookies with the nuts on them...they remind me of bakery pignoli cookies that I absolutely love. Enjoy them. My spring celebration is way less complicated. Sunday brunch. Done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.