Food Friday- First soup of the season

Yesterday I put up the first soup of the season. It's a two day soup made with chicken bones, vegetables and chicken cooking juices.

I also added a tea ball filled with spices.

We ate the soup last night for dinner. it was incredibly rich tasting. I added another package of soup bones, more water and it's been cooking in the slow cooker since yesterday.

I made a batch of round challah that ought to last us into the early days of Sukkot.






Tonight's protein is the pomegranate chicken I made for last Shabbat in a crazy quantity. I just pulled a bag of it out of the freezer. We still have two gallons of tzimmis left.

We are having pureed cauliflower and potato.

We are also eating tomato and eggplant roasted with za'atar and some of the plum tart I had made for Rosh HaShanah.


It feels like a good autumnal meal to me.

Shabbat Shalom!

Comments