Sweets

For those of you still cooking, this lemon almond cake is the best Passover cake in my repertoire. It is baking in my oven as I type this. Each time I make it I am amazed by what a beautiful cake batter it is.
One of the things I love about my local fish monger is that if you ask for say,  1 3/4 lbs of salmon he will slice off EXACTLY that amount. The lemon cake needed a cup of ground nuts. I tossed some into the food processor. It came out to be exactly one cup ground. It's a good thing to be able to develop and eye for the work one does.
This is the 2016 version of the lemon almond cake. There is a layer of tart lemon custard underneath the sliced almonds. 

I also made the must be served the first night of Passover flour-less chocolate nut torte.
last night I made the also must be served at Seder meringues.
No, I am still not done, closer but not yet there. I did take some time to escape to the park with my neighbor and sit in the sunshine


.

The break left me ready to get more work done.



Comments