Linda’s tallit bag

I had made Linda this tallit for her ordination from Rabbinical school.I decided to make her a tallit bag as a gift.

100_1447_thumb[1]

 

This is what I ended up making.

Linda's bag (4)

Linda's bag (2)

Linda's bag (3)

The construction was actually fairly simple. I fused each element to fuse-able fleece and then stitched it down. Most of the seams are covered with black grosgrain ribbon. I use the diamond stitch on the machine to sew down the ribbon. The dark metallic thread is actually not meant to be used in a sewing machine. It is meant to be knit with a knitting machine. It’s actually fairly fragile.  I love that my sewing machine handles this thread with grace.

 

The gold leaves were stamped on to the turquoise silk noil. The watery waves are left over from the wedding tallit.

 

Not every project needs to be drama filled to come out well.

Comments