Food friday

My oldest goes to college two hours from home. She woke up at 5:00 am  and came on a field trip to New York so she could come home for lunch.

The meatballs for Shabbat were done just as she walked in the door. I made her a sandwich with the meatballs on what we call "Ho Bread" , a  home made boule` loaf made with whole grains I added some Thai Sweet Chili sauce to the sandwich.

My oldest hummed as she ate. The sound of a satisfied eater.


I am sending her home with another sandwich and a challa roll made with today's batch of challa. I suppose, if I were really a nice mother I would send her back with a whole loaf.  I really don't want to be baking the day after Thanksgiving, so she will have to be satisfied with a roll.

It's really nice when  a college student is willing to wake up at 5:00 am for my cooking.

Comments