My son's long term fiber project

My son's best friend lives downstairs from us. For a few years the two of them worked on this rubber band ball on and off with various bursts of energy.

The rubber band ball has lived downstairs for most of it's existance. It just came upstairs to live with us as a result of a major clearing out of their apartment.

I have fond feelings for the rubber band ball. It represents a period of  deep intensity of friendship that can be a real gift during childhood. It also reminds me of the crazy hare-brained schemes that only ten year old children can throw themselves into with such passion. It reminds me not only of my son and his best friend's plans to make it into the Guiness Book of Records but similar plans I had with my own friends at a similar age.

I'm also very much a mom with the sense of "What am I supposed to do with this space waster???"

What do you think I should do with the rubber band ball? It does bounce, but it is heavy enough to cause severe internal injuries if used in a game. I am open to any and all suggestions.

Comments