the no side seam cocktail dress

Well, this is the dress with the cicular ruffle edging. As I look at it, the pink wavy stripe seems too foofy for me. I think I will replace it with something a bit more somber. Ruffles tend to make me look like a drag queen.

The dress fits me better than it fits the dummy. I could have cheated the fit on the dress form and set up a bunch of bulldog clips in the back, out of camera view,to adjust the fit on the dummy, the way they do in catalogs, but you will just have to take my word on it.

I'm thinking of black pleats intead of the wavy ruffle. Any opinions???




Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Okay, I'll pack my own "cocktail dress" and we can wear them tomorrow night at dinner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, black pleats! The ruffle is cute but it reminds me of Carrie Bradshaw's early years. HA I ADORE that fabric though. Your neckline/sleeve treatment lends it just the right bit of moderness. So much better than my idea of binding. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great. I am glad you drew a diagram. I didn't quite get the curvy back part of the description.

    I agree about the black pleats. I think it would take it back to being a statement about the main fabric. the stripes detract.

    well done!
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found a black stech pique in my stash, edged the dress and added a panel at the bottom. It works. Not as much fun as the cicular ruffles, but much more me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. I moderate comments to weed out bots.It may take a little while for your comment to appear.